Sunday, June 21, 2015

TGIF ya'll~ June 19

It seems crazy that there's only one week left in Trichy. I think we're all ready to enjoy this last week as much as we can, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to being home. I need a Cook Out tray and the new season of Orange is the New Black in my life. 

As we were leaving the site today, we were stopped at a railroad crossing, as there was a train coming. This happens every so often and I am always amazed as Shiva and Shyam describe the kind of train it is. Today it was a "goods"train that was carrying coal. This identification prompted a five minute discussion about a large company that uses said coal for power. These conversations are so interesting to me because when I see a train in America, my identification is pretty closely aligned with that of a two year old boy's. It goes something like "blue train, fast, whoosh". It's always interesting to see how connected the two boys can be to everything that goes on around them. 

In the afternoon, a new girl, a friend of Shiva's, came with us. She has a very bright and cheerful face, the sort of face a person you'd like to be friends with has. When we stopped for afternoon tea, we have tea twice a day now, I requested "Indian" tea today. After careful observation, I've noticed that this tea shop seems to make uncurdled masala tea, so naturally I was prepared to try again. I was not disappointed. Not only was the tea made well, but it had ginger in it. It was a little firey from the ginger but still sweet, I'd love to learn to make it. 
www.worldwildlifeimages.com

Today's bird is the Purple Heron. I've seen as many as three at once in the wetland, but most of the time there is just one. It's a very elegant bird and I love to watch it walk around in the water. I have a sneaking suspicion their is a nest in a large patch of tall grass behind the water in the wetland, but so far I haven't seen any little herons.

No comments:

Post a Comment